Dressing, Powder, Arglaes, Bottle, 2 Gm: Box of 1 unit
Ideal for wounds that are difficult to dress; Manages bacterial burden1; Continuous antimicrobial protection1; Extended wear time1; Non- staining. Powder can convert any other dressing to an antimicrobial). Indications: pressure injuries, diabetic foot ulcers2, partial and full- thickness wounds, leg ulcers, negative pressure wound therapy3, grafted wounds, donor sites, lacerations and abrasions, and first- and second-degree burns. Contraindications: third-degree burns, patients with a known sensitivity to silver and as a surgical implant; do not use topical antibiotics in conjunction with Arglaes. Arglaes® Powder may be left in place for up to 5 days; Dressing change frequency will depend upon the amount of drainage.
1. Internal report on file.
2. LaJoie J. Improving diabetic foot ulcer outcomes with hyperbaricoxygen and ionic silver powder. Presented at SAWC. San Diego, CA. 2005.
3. Curran M, Paz-Altschul OJ. The use of silver antimicrobial powder with negative pressure wound therapy. Presented at Clinical Symposium on Advances in Skin and Wound Care. Dallas, TX. 2002.
- Dressing Change Frequency/Use: Max 5 day Check Drainage
- HPIS Code: 740_150_0_0
- Latex Free: Yes
- Primary or Secondary Dressing: Primary Dress
- Product Category: Powder w/Silver
- Size: 5g
- UNSPSC: 42311504
- Wound Condition Type: Shallow/Deep,All Drainage Type
HCPCS Code: A6262
HCPCS Disclaimer: HCPCS codes and Home Health Consolidated Billing codes provided by Medline are intended as general guidelines only. Medline does not guarantee coverage or reimbursement of any products. You must address all coverage and reimbursement issues (including the correctness and accuracy of codes) with your individual payers. It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of each claim you submit, in accordance with all applicable payer requirements.
|Conteiner||Box of 1 unit|